Digital Content Writer
We are looking for an experienced, motivated writer and content producer to help us create more visibility and excitement around the inspirational, mission-driven work of ICF – a $1.5 billion company that has doubled in size every five years for the past twenty. ICF works across a diverse set of industries including energy, climate, public health, disaster management, and federal IT modernization. We work every day to improve the lives of millions of people and help build a more prosperous and resilient world. Join us, and put your skills to work in the service of something big.
Help us tell our story.
We’re looking for someone who can help us take our content program to the next level. We have the raw materials—a passionate team, compelling projects, and inspiring thought leaders—but we need an experienced writer/editor who can translate our expertise into marketing content that gets results.
You are a true marketer, obsessed with telling our stories across all channels and every medium. We are looking for someone with a passion for storytelling, aligned with business strategy and industry acumen, to help us share how we make a meaningful impact.
How do you capture attention in a 50-character subject line, hold it through an artfully concise email, and compel clicks and registrations? What magic combination of words on a web page will sell our services to clients and prospects? How do you take a dense policy piece and translate it to a top-of-the-funnel article? Or breathe new life into an old white paper by turning it into a…podcast? interactive story? article series? The possibilities are wide open, and if this gets you excited, you just might be the right fit for the role.
What you’ll be doing…
- Fuel our marketing campaigns . Captivate our busy target audiences with compelling short-form content (emails, subject lines, social media posts, web copy) that generates clicks and actions.
- Write for the digital age . Create content with the length, format, and focus that sticks. We love clear writing and thoughtful editing that allows our key industry insights to shine through.
- Push us in a more dynamic direction. Think of ways to support key messages with videos, graphics, interactives, callouts, and social shareables. Our creative team will bring these ideas to life, but we want someone who thinks in words and images.
- Interview like a pro. You’ll be tasked with interviewing subject matter experts on a variety of topics to generate content for our website and social channels.
- Edit, edit, edit . We will rely on your eagle eye to keep us typo-free and consistent.
- Teach us something new ! We know the best ideas often come from outside—from people who are willing to look at things differently. We’re eager to collaborate and experiment to create best-in-class content.
We’re looking for someone with 5+ years of writing and communications experience. Corporate, in-house, or agency experience preferred, and if you’ve worked in energy, climate, or public health fields, that’s a plus. You are an outstanding writer who can communicate ideas creatively and concisely. You enjoy translating the big + complex things we do into stories that everyday people can find rich and rewarding. In addition:
- You have worked in a communications capacity in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- You are passionate about looking for new and creative ways to reach an audience.
- You have a thorough understanding of the communications channel mix.
- You have a great portfolio of written content and you’re dying to show it to us.
- You know your way around social media platforms and web properties.
- You’re a driven self-starter with a positive outlook, flexible nature, and steady work style.
- You have experience working closely with brand and creative teams to ensure your content is as engaging as possible.
- You don’t think B2B is where creativity goes to die—you recognize that all communication is H2H (human-to-human) and have a demonstrated ability to connect with your audiences.
- You are collaborative and kind—the sort of person that others look forward to working with.
- Bachelor’s degree and strong record of academic performance.
Working at ICFWorking at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy .
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email [email protected] and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement .