Data Science Engineer - Python
- Must be a US resident
- Must be US Citizen, or GreenCard Holder
- Must have expertise with Python or Scala
- Must have experience with cloud computing environments like AWS or Azure or GCP
- Must have solid understanding of applied statistical methods
We are looking for a talented bioinformatics engineer with data science skills who is interested in analyzing large scale human genetics data for the purpose of therapeutic target discovery.
You will be responsible for performing analyses and building robust computational pipelines and tools critical to our drug discovery efforts. You will be expected to:
- Collaborate closely with a multidisciplinary team consisting of human geneticists, bioinformatics scientists and software engineers, using your computational skills to gain insights from massive genetic datasets
- Design, develop and deploy robust data analysis pipelines and software tools to support target discovery
- Help implement cutting-edge bioinformatics methods and algorithms (such as those described in the literature) to advance company's discovery initiatives
- Integrate and analyze large, complex data sets to extract information useful to our target discovery platforms
- Perform focused genetic analyses to gain insights into novel target biology and clearly communicate these analyses to your colleagues
- Perform analyses to address platform/application QC
Role, Responsibilities & Requirements
- Must be a US resident and US Citizen/Green card Holder
- This position requires a BS or MS in bioinformatics or a related discipline (eg computer science, mathematics) with 3 years of experience.
- Proficient in at least one programming language (preferably Python, or Scala)
- Familiarity with Linux command-line-based tools and bash scripting
- Experience using HPC/cloud computing environments (AWS, Azure, GCP) is a plus
- Hands-on experience processing, analyzing, and visualizing datasets
- Familiarity with the use of version control systems such as Git
- A firm understanding of applied statistical methods; knowledge of the principles of statistical genetics is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to write readable, testable, and SOLID code
- An ideal candidate is self-motivated and can learn and work independently
- Annual Bonus
- Parental Leave
- Three weeks of Anual leave
- Medical Insurance (HMO, PPO, and others), FSA & HSA
- 100% paid Dental and Vision Insurance
We are a venture-backed, next-generation therapeutics company founded on utilizing huge biological datasets, human genetics, and programmable biology to power novel target discovery and development. Our Precision Insights Platform was purpose-built for therapeutic discovery and leverages a world-leading dataset and advanced algorithmic approaches to identify and prioritize therapeutic targets with a high probability of translational success.
High-priority therapeutic targets are experimentally validated in-house before progressing through pre-clinical development with the most optimal therapeutic modality.
We are headquartered in San Diego, CA