COMSOL, Inc. is seeking a full-time content writer to join our Content team in Burlington, MA.
Do you have a curious and creative mind? Are you passionate about coming up with creative and engaging story ideas? Do you love to write? As a content writer at COMSOL, you will tell the stories of engineers who are working on the latest innovative products, designs, and research.
As part of our Content team, you will be directly involved in creating, optimizing, and maintaining technical content on the COMSOL website and for print. You will start by writing articles and blog posts about the many ways multiphysics simulation is beneficial for product and process design, sometimes based on interviews with our customers about their work. There is also potential to grow into other content projects based on your interests and skills. You will collaborate closely with other teams and departments, including our video production team.
Does this sound like the role for you?
Please submit a writing sample of an article, blog post, or other professional work of yours along with your application.
- Write long- and short-form content for the blog, social media, and other digital and print content projects
- Research, organize, and craft content on various science and engineering topics
- Interview our customers about their exciting and innovative simulation projects
- Gain a deep understanding of our target audiences
- Assist in pitching creative angles for stories
- As you grow, potentially:
- Edit content for grammar, style, and story structure
- Assist in publishing blog and social media posts
- Pitch and develop new content projects
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, writing, or a related field
- Exceptional understanding of language, grammar, syntax, and information organization
- Attention to detail
- Openness to revisions based on constructive feedback
- Excellent ability to manage time and prioritize tasks
- Interest in science and engineering
- Passion for engaging your audience (regardless of subject matter)
- 1–3 years of experience working with content in a professional setting
- Knowledge of best practices in SEO and social media
- Positive, driven team player
Please note that this is not a remote or contract position.
COMSOL is the leading innovator of multiphysics software for research and development (R&D). Our products are continuously pushing the boundaries of computer-aided engineering (CAE), so that our customers can solve challenging science and engineering problems and develop better products, faster.
The COMSOL product family enables our end users to solve even the most sophisticated science and engineering problems, thanks to our intuitive and flexible user interface. We create the tools that drive new breakthroughs in physics and engineering — and we love what we do.
Home Sweet Home
The Burlington, MA, location is spacious, bright, and comfortable. Our kitchens are always stocked with fresh fruit, coffee, and juices. Employees enjoy a casual dress code, relaxed atmosphere, and free gym access. Our office is in an easy-to-find central location and we are within walking distance of many restaurants and the Burlington Mall.
Our corporate culture is innovative, vibrant, and cutting-edge. We are committed to encouraging creativity through an exciting and challenging environment in which individuals excel and grow. Our talented employees and an active learning environment are the keys to our success. Founded in 1986, the COMSOL organization includes 20+ offices and a distributor network throughout the world with more than 450 employees.
- Dynamic and engaging work duties that provide opportunities for self-development and professional growth
- Exciting career opportunities and the chance to work with experts from many fields
- Competitive benefits and compensation commensurate with skills and experience
COMSOL is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.