At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
The Editorial Assistant is at the heart of Edmunds' Content team. Our editorial content takes on many forms, from photo and video to the written word, much of which relies on information gathered from test vehicles to tell the story of each make, model and trim. The ultimate goal is to connect consumers with the best possible car for them.
In this role, you will be a key supporter across the entire content team, with an opportunity to contribute to the creation of content for Edmunds site, social and video. You will also be a catalyst for the data collection process for the vehicle test team. You will also be coordinator and team support for all-things video and photo related for Edmunds and any special content projects.
Flexibility is a key attribute of the applicant for this position. This job sometimes calls for long hours and albeit infrequently, the request can come on short notice. While a desk is included, you'll spend a lot of time away from it. The ideal candidate is comfortable on the go, as driving, walking and occasionally getting dirty are a regular part of the job.
What You’ll Do:
- Write and create vehicle content for the Edmunds site, when applicable
- Support the video and social teams as they create content for Edmunds’ owned channels.
- Operate and maintain instrumented testing equipment
- Manage data collection for vehicle testing and content creation
- Manage test vehicle logistics as necessary
- Perform basic safety checks, such as adjusting tire pressures, torquing lug nuts and checking oil
- Help coordinate car deliveries and returns
- Help track service needs of the long-term fleet and coordinate their completion
- Help coordinate test days and video days at track, when applicable
- Help manage executive car needs
- Help manage and interpret vehicle testing data
What You Need:
- Automotive knowledge; a passion for cars
- Some experience writing and/or content creation.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong project management skills
- Personal reliability and integrity; Your colleagues know they can rely on you in every respect; you model this trait in all that you do
- Great organization habits and multitasking skills, Ability to troubleshoot, solve problems and think proactively
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Enthusiasm: an ability to juggle multiple projects and kick-start initiatives in a busy work environment is a must
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel and Google Docs and Sheets
- Experience with VBOX data loggers is a plus
- Must be able to lift, carry or move objects up to 55 lbs
- Ability to spend time in the field and drive regularly
Flexible time off
13 Paid Holidays
Comprehensive Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
Flexible Spending Accounts (Employees) and Health Savings Accounts (Employee and Employer Contributions)
401K Plan with Company Matching at 50%, up to 6% of employee eligible contribution and vesting after 1 year
Up to 4 months Paid Parental Leave
HeartCash matches employee donations to the causes that are important to them
2 Days of Paid Time Off for time to dedicate to social impact causes
FitCash covers a portion of gym or fitness activity fees
Well being sessions and events such as yoga, meditation and walking challenges
On-going career development sessions and an annual learning event
Plus a coffee bar, frozen yogurt and more!
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.