Content Writer - Investments
Content Writer - Investments-836653
At Franklin Templeton, everything we do is focused on one thing – delivering better client outcomes. We do that by partnering closely with our clients, assessing their strategic needs, and identifying the solution or solutions that can meet the challenge. Over 12,000 employees working in 34 countries around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 160 countries. For more than 70 years our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What is the Content Team responsible for?
The Content Team is a global group of writers and product specialists, with responsibility for driving quality of proposal content by leading the process of sourcing, writing, editing, and maintaining standard responses held in the firm’s broader Business Development and Client Reporting Group’s content library.
The team works closely with business partners across the firm to develop and maintain high-quality, compelling centralized language that conveys consistent messaging and a strong competitive advantage.
What are the Content Writer’s key responsibilities?
- Lead content creation and maintenance for sections of the content library, covering alternatives and solutions, as well as other asset classes and firm topics when required
- Conduct regular and ad hoc content reviews, including analyzing, editing, and proofreading content in accordance with review schedules, ensuring accuracy and consistency with product marketing initiatives, investment strategy team input, and house styles
- Lead projects and participate in ongoing initiatives to support global business requirements
- Respond to FT team and other corporate announcements by assessing impact to existing content, and implementing changes in an efficient and timely manner, communicating key content additions and updates to the broader group
- Partner with experts across the firm on new language development - for example, new product launches, marketing refreshes and platform evolution
- Collaborate with RFP, Due Diligence, and Marketing teams to ensure significant edits to library content are captured
- Assume responsibility for database administration on assigned content sections, ensuring accuracy and reasonableness of metadata and consistency of approach
What ideal qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- 7-10+ years of writing experience in an asset management environment with expertise covering hedge funds, real estate, private equity, and/or multi-asset solutions
- University degree or equivalent knowledge and experience; MBA/CFA desirable
- Demonstrated experience in researching and writing product and corporate-level material in a global asset management environment, with full responsibility for editorial components of projects
- Team player capable of building and maintaining strong working relationships and interacting professionally at all levels of seniority and across cultures
- Meticulous attention to detail and keen eye for consistency and accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, plus strong proofreading skills
- Flexible and adaptable, with exceptional multi-tasking, time management, project management and organizational skills, and demonstrated ability to adjust to changes in workflow and succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with proposal software (or ability to master quickly) and advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly with Word and PowerPoint
What makes Franklin Templeton unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match on your pre-tax and/or Roth contributions, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center*
- Onsite cafeteria*
- Only applicable at certain locations
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, “I AM Franklin Templeton”.
Franklin Templeton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, or gender expression, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.