Freelance Legal Web Content Writer
PaperStreet creates new web sites and revitalizes aging ones. Located in downtown Fort Lauderdale, Florida, we are a custom web design studio with clients worldwide. We have designed over 1,500 web sites in the past 19 years for law firms and businesses. Primarily, we handle web design and internet marketing for law firms.
We seek an experienced legal web content writer to craft high-level web copy for law firms that serve corporate and institutional clients. This is a freelance, work-from-home position.
We seek a lawyer-writer who:
- Understands the legal landscape in the areas of corporate, business, real estate, finance, government and related areas;
- Can speak to an audience of in-house counsel, executives, businessmen, global leaders and other sophisticated readers; and
- Can discuss legal matters ranging from high-stakes disputes to multi-national transactions to complex regulatory matters.
- J.D. degree
- Law practice experience
- 2+ years web writing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Writing or related field
- Superior research and writing skills
- Strong copy editing and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated experience writing for the web
- Knowledge of SEO is a plus, but we can train otherwise
- Ability to effectively integrate client materials into web copy, and to generate new content based on client interviews
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational ability
- Ability to turn copy around quickly and meet tight deadlines
Qualified candidates will be asked to complete a short writing test.
Compensation is $35 to $60 per web page (500 words), depending on experience. Most of the time it is $50 per page.
How to Apply:
Follow these instructions in detail. This is part of the hiring test and truly is pass/fail. Email the below to allison [at] paperstreet.com.
Note: We have filled this position currently with two new freelancers in April 2020, but we are always looking for exceptional candidates. Please feel free to send us your cover letter, resume, and samples. When we need to add additional talent to our team we will reach out. Thank you for your interest..
- Write a few customized paragraphs about yourself in the actual email about why we should choose you. Don’t send a generic form letter. Sell us on your qualifications.
- Attach your resume as a PDF.
- Attach several relevant writing samples as a PDF or provide links to your writing on the web.
- Provide the number of hours per week you are available.
Sorry, no Word docs or embedded resumes – they will be deleted. Put the PDF’s as attachments only.