Multimedia Assistant - Part Time
Assist the Multimedia Designer in shooting still photography and shooting, editing, producing and directing video. Collaboration across all departments within College Communication in planning and executing shoots is essential, as is working with various departments throughout the college. Finished multimedia pieces will be used both internally and externally to promote and retain students, highlight key programs and special events and support Institutional Advancement.
Associate's degree in electronic/multi-media, graphic design, visual communications or related field. Proficiency in Micro Soft Office is a must, as is the ability to work in Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative Cloud, QuickTime Pro, Soundtrack Pro and Mac OSX. Demonstrated proficiency in, and a desire to keep current with audio/video editing, podcasting, digital imaging equipment, input/output devices, RSS feeds and multimedia/interactivity capabilities. Three years of relevant experience in planning, designing, producing, integrating and troubleshooting digital media assets. Must have a valid driver's license in good standing with violation points less than five (5).
This position will sometimes require attending evening and/or weekend activities, and may also be required to travel to off-campus, College-related events.
Class Specific Essential Duties
- Collaborates with College Communications' colleagues in Creative Services, Marketing and Media Relations to provide creative development solutions for communications campaigns and user interface for college web site.
- Develops and executes social media tactics and video/multimedia assets for: You Tube, Blogger, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and CCBC's website.
- Coordinates production and use of media tools in support of CCBC's marketing plan and strategic communication initiatives.
- Applies the college's brand identity to all appropriate aspects of multimedia projects.
- Multi-tasks and sets priorities within demanding time frames.
- Conceives, designs and produces high-level digital media (video and photo) marketing for CCBC.