Our mission at Jobscan is to empower job seekers and help them land more interviews. We analyze resumes and LinkedIn profiles against job descriptions, helping our users stand out against the competition. Our users love us - we’re completely user-funded, profitable, and growing exponentially.
We are looking for a Content Writer to produce high-quality editorial content throughout Jobscan’s website. You will use excellent researching, writing, and editing skills to produce expert-level articles on assigned topics while also contributing to a variety of marketing projects. You’ll be working closely with the SEO Manager and marketing team within a startup environment to help scale and grow the company.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Write content marketing and SEO articles for the Jobscan Blog (www.jobscan.co/blog), outreach and Learning Center (www.jobscan.co/learning)
- Edit or rewrite existing editorial content to meet marketing objectives
- Research assigned topics and write articles as a subject-matter expert
- Write copy for website landing pages, marketing materials, and advertising campaigns
- Work with SEO Manager to strategize content and meet marketing goals
- Assist team with language/writing tasks as needed
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years of blogging, SEO, content writing, and/or copywriting experience
- Proven experience creating content that aligns with company style and brand guidelines
- Excellent writer (have 2-3 sample links ready)
- Excellent oral communication skills (including in-person, phone/video, and email)
- Working knowledge of Wordpress or similar CMS
- Analytical and data-driven
What’d Be Cool To Have:
- Basic knowledge of content marketing, Google Analytics
- Knowledge of SEO best practices; exposure to SEO tools like Conductor, Ahrefs, SEMRush, etc.
- Experience working with tech companies or in the job search/career space
- Journalism, investigative, or research-heavy background
- Experience within outreach and link building programs
- Experience developing original data/statistics based studies and visualizations
Our Benefits & Perks Include:
Competitive salary + stock options, flexible schedule, flexible PTO, 401(k) + match, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, full office closure last week of the year. Education. internet, and remote technology stipend. As we continue to grow, we are always adding more benefits and perks for our team.
At this time, we are only considering candidates who are authorized to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.
Jobscan provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.