Freelance B2B Content Writer
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. A few years later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 100+ in SoHo, NYC. We've raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, and more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year and helps them lead better lives, join us!
Codecademy is looking for a Freelance B2B Content Writer to create various types of content for our newly-launched business product, Codecademy for Business. You'll work closely with members of our
Product Marketing and Business teams, as well as with our Senior Content Marketing manager to create content designed to drive both organic traffic and leads.
This is a contract role, starting at ~10 - 20 hours a week through the end of 2020, with the potential for extension into 2021.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Research and write a variety of types of content including blog posts, white papers, one-pagers, case studies, sales collateral, and thought leadership pieces.
- Understand the Codecademy for Business customer and create content that speaks directly to their needs.
- Explain the benefits of learning technical skills in a way that resonates with those without technical knowledge or backgrounds.
- Coordinate with Business and Marketing teams to ensure that content represents the Codecademy brand and supports our business objectives.
- Craft compelling CTAs to entice readers to take the next step and sign up to learn more about Codecademy for Business.
- Use SEO guidelines to optimize content.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 2-4 years of content marketing or journalism writing experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Familiarity with SEO
- B2B experience is a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and an ability to work cross-functionally with a variety of partners
- Experience writing about technical topics in a way that's clear and easy to understand
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- Experience with keyword research
- Experience creating content for lead nurture programs
- Experience creating white papers and one-pagers
- Familiarity with the Codecademy platform
- Experience writing about topics related to data science, web development, and computer science
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers.
Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.
View another job
Mindshare Labs Santa Fe, NM • Full-time about 2 months ago
Khan Academy Friendly, MD • Full-time about 2 months ago
Saint Leo University Saint Leo University - United States • Part-time 3 months ago