Social Media Editor, Verywell
Dotdash is seeking a Social Media Editor to join the Verywell team and help us take our health brand to the next level. We are looking for a digitally-savvy content enthusiast with a passion for all things health and wellness. The Social Media Editor will work with the Verywell Health team to build a more robust social presence and execute daily publishing to our social channels— driving brand awareness, increasing traffic, growing our audience, and creating an engaged community.
About Your Contributions:
- Relaunch social channels dedicated to Verywell Health
- Create and curate a cohesive social presence by promoting our best content on Verywell Health’s Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Flipboard, TikTok, and Twitter accounts
- Write compelling, social-friendly, impeccable copy for evergreen and news content that reflects our brand voice and values
- Audit existing social presence to inform and build a targeted strategy for growth
- Track, analyze, and report data and insights on our growth and engagement to support all strategic decisions
- Create strong original visual assets, audience prompts, polls, and franchises/series that establish our brand’s social identity
- Partner with editorial teams and Chief Medical Officer to launch and manage creative social campaigns that support on-site content and larger brand initiatives
- Collaborate with value-aligned social influencers, industry experts, brands, organizations to coordinate takeovers, swaps, UGC, or other promotions
- Engage with our social communities daily through comments and DMs across platforms
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience working as a social media professional or community manager for a brand or publication (a strong personal social presence is a plus)
- Proactive, creative, flexible team player with a good sense of humor and entrepreneurial spirit, able to roll with the punches and take ownership of responsibilities in a fluid and fast-moving environment
- Passionate about all things health and wellness (including an interest in family/parenting topics) and always eager to share and learn more
- Expert-level proficiency with writing, editing, and curation of content for brands on social networks such as Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr, Flipboard and other emerging social platforms
- Experience with social media schedulers and analytics tools a plus (ex. Buffer, Sprout Social, Tailwind, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Ability to accurately interpret social analytics and report to senior management
- A strong visual design sense and experience capturing and editing photos and videos for social-only use, specifically, for Instagram and Instagram Stories. Adept in native Instagram editing tools, and experienced in third-party editing and visual asset creation tools such as Photoshop, Canva, VSCO, Snapseed, etc.
- Ability to identify social trends and influencers across the healthcare space. Experience coordinating takeovers, content swaps, etc. preferred.
- Process- and detail-oriented and deadline-focused
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in social media or communications a major plus
Dotdash brands help people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We reach over 100 million people each month, more than 35% of the U.S. online population, according to comScore, and are one of the largest content publishers on the Internet. Dotdash brands collectively have won more than 50 industry awards in the last year alone, and are among the fastest-growing in their categories. Our brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Spruce, The Balance, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, Treehugger and ThoughtCo.
Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a [email protected] account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.