You’re a natural storyteller who has writing and editing superpowers. You believe in the power of plain language to communicate ideas, and you thrive on creating solutions that help people achieve more with technology. You have a technical background, or you're simply driven by a passion for making technology simpler and friendlier.
Your words will help people in all kinds of organizations understand and implement industry solutions and employee experiences in Microsoft 365. You’ll contribute to new product experiences that help customers digitally transform their organizations.
You’ll work with world-class designers, content creators, and engineering teams. You’ll use data to understand customer needs and help them have the amazing experiences they expect. You’ll have an opportunity to gain insight into the future of technology, and help shape its impact on millions of customers around the globe.
- Design and write how-to and solution guidance that makes it easy for customers to get started using our products and achieving great things
- Delve into content analytics and work with people across the company to define content strategy and identify opportunities for improvements to existing content
- Write and help produce videos
- Write and edit friendly, clear UI text for new product features
- Help outline new training curriculum
- Collaborate with your team to plan content for major product releases and events
- 2+ years of experience writing technical documentation or training for business and/or technical users
- A passion for helping customers succeed
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams
- 1+ year user experience with online collaboration tools such as Teams, Slack, SharePoint, and Google G Suite/Workspace
- A data-driven approach to content planning, validation, and impact analysis
- Portfolio of writing samples for review
- BA/BS degree in English, Journalism, Technical Communications, Informatics, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
What’s great to have:
- Experience setting up and managing online collaboration tools like Teams, Slack, SharePoint, or Google G Suite/Workspace
- Experience in IT or business operations
- Experience producing videos or visual content
- Experience creating and managing content using GitHub and Markdown
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.