Red Ventures is looking for an Associate Writer who will be responsible for contributing to and executing the strategy for credit cards content on ThePointsGuy.com. This writer will be responsible for updating and maintaining existing credit card reviews and marketplace content, writing new reviews and product stories and flexing over into creating and updating other types of news/evergreen editorial content.
Content responsibility ranges from credit card usage, issuers, rewards, points and miles, and credit scores to advice, news, guides and more. The right candidate is able to identify topics and develop quality, engaging content with a quick turnaround, as well as work closely with SEO and marketing analysts.
What You'll Do:
- Research, write, update and edit all types of credit cards-related content (guides, comparisons, news, transactional copy, etc) with a primary focus on highly transactional content
- Actively develop subject matter expertise by following competitors and monitoring industry news & trends
- Work closely with both editorial and other teams (SEO, compliance and business analysts, etc) to understand and execute content strategy
- Contribute to organic ranking and traffic growth of TPG credit cards content in key landscapes
- Work with TPG social media team to disseminate credit cards content in compelling ways
What We're Looking For:
- At least 1 year writing/editing experience or a degree in journalism/communications
- Knowledge of or interest in credit cards, points and miles, and travel preferred, if not a history of learning about new industries and topics
- Passionate about content creation and have a track record of coming up with innovative approaches to complicated topics
- Experience with Excel
- Experience with products in the Google Suite
- Experience with or willingness to learn a variety of third-party SEO, data, and analytics tools
- Attention to detail with strong spelling and grammar skills
Who We Are:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.