The Content Writer will report to the Marketing Manager of Newman Long Term Care and the Health Center of Excellence (HCOE). The HCOE will produce training and marketing collateral to support Thrivent’s Long-Term Care and Disability Insurance business.
More specifically, the Content Writer will work closely with the Marketing Manager and collaborate with members of Thrivent’s sales team to write, design, layout and edit a wide range of materials for both Financial Professionals/Advisors and consumers. This includes print and digital content, advertising, audiovisual scripts, publications, training programs, presentations and sales related collateral.
The purpose of this role is to enhance Thrivent’s capabilities to educate and promote the need for Income Replacement in the event of disability and solutions for the financial challenges caused by long term illness. Disability and Long-Term Care Insurance represent significant financial planning opportunities for the Financial Professionals, Advisors, and clients that we serve. Training material, presentations, marketing collateral, and overall promotional content that helps position the HCOE as the leader is sales support is of critical importance to our growth plans. The Content Writer will play an important role in helping the team achieve its goals.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with Marketing and Sales team to produce a wide range of communications, including sales, educational, and promotional copy.
- Establish strong relationships with key partners and own end to end internal process for all material created.
- Participate in the conception and implementation of small, medium, and large-scale projects.
- Craft messaging for multi-channel marketing efforts (need to understand subtle nuances between channels)
- Create written content for print and on-line application to include (product and sales concept collateral, sales campaigns, content for Thrivent Carrier Portal, webpage/landing pages, social media posts, banners etc.
- Develop scripts for video and/or podcasts.
- Support the development of advertising and trade magazine articles
- Creating engaging content that spurs action while adhering to Thrivent’s Ad and Marketing Compliance guidelines.
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, English or a related field.
- Experience (5+ years) as a professional writer on a range of materials, including: advertising and promotions, marketing communication, creative writing, publications, script and speech writing, and business communication.
- Demonstrated experience conceptualizing, writing and editing compelling content.
- Experience working in a collaborative, creative environment in an agency or corporate setting
- Ability to comprehend complex or abstract information and convey that information through clear, concise and accurate writing that conforms to brand and style guidelines
- Thorough understanding of creative writing principles
- Proven knowledge of the financial services industry, ideally Life and/or Health insuranc
- Collaborative, able to build strong partnerships, good listening skills, able to perform at a high level in both a remote and agency setting