SEO Content Writer
Position Title: SEO Content Writer
Location: Hoboken, NJ
Reports to: Content Lead
The role of the SEO Content Writer is to optimize and create consumer-facing digital content for our large portfolio of iconic brands such as: Calphalon, Graco, Coleman, Crock Pot, Elmer’s, Marmot and more.
In this role, you'll contribute to Newell’s organic growth efforts by developing compelling and search-friendly content while matching brand tone and voice. The SEO Content Writer will be responsible for product title and copy updates on brand sites and retail partners, blog and recipe optimization, metadata creation, alt text, and social channel optimization.
The ideal candidate should have deep knowledge of SEO best-practices and keyword strategies and be a strong collaborator who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Partner with SEO Specialist to implement keyword strategies across all digital content
- Optimize existing web content for brand websites and retail partners
- Ability to write keyword-rich content that reflects established tone and voice guidelines
- Capable of producing best-in-class metadata across all websites
- Optimization of YouTube video titles, descriptions, and tags
- Refresh blog and recipe content with keywords and new copy
- Ideation and creation of SEO copy blocks for website Landing and List pages
- Alt text tagging for brand websites
- Researching keyword and topic opportunities for emerging content and trends within the industry
- Establish guidelines and share SEO writing best-practices with other writers and teams
- Bachelor's degree in English, Marketing, or similar
- 2 - 3 years of SEO experience optimizing website content with a strong knowledge of best SEO practices
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years of writing web copy and content
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and use of SEO tools like Google Analytics, AHREFS, SEMRush
- Ability to work both within a team and independently
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal OpportunityEmployers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.