Copywriter – Freelance/Contract
As a Freelance Copywriter, you’ll have a direct hand in helping our clients get more leads from their website by producing compelling, high-quality content for multiple clients.
Although the type of content you will produce may vary from month to month, it will typically include basic web pages about our clients’ services, informational blog posts, email marketing content, and social media posts. You may occasionally write copy for print pieces and other client assets (< 10%). You will work closely with content strategists on the SEO team for direction on the audience, key messaging, topics/subtopics, etc. for each piece of content you produce.
The goal of our work is to deliver leads and generate sales for our clients, so your skills must extend beyond creative writing. You will be evaluated on your ability to create error-free content that attracts search traffic to our clients’ websites and converts visitors into leads.
Assignments are managed on a per piece basis, with the potential to become contract basis for a fixed number of pieces per month in the future.
- Write compelling, error-free content that satisfies the information needs of target audiences.
- Adhere to strict quality standards for all copy produced
- Adapt writing style and “voice” to each client’s brand, industry, audience, and preferences
- Work closely with each account’s content strategist to understand the client’s goals
- Research on industry trends, terminology, and competitive landscape to demonstrate subject-matter expertise in your writing
- Collaborate with multiple teams on copy, as needed (teams include Account Management, Design, Web Projects, Web & Development, Video, Paid Search, and more)
- At least two years of business writing experience, preferably writing web content. Agency experience highly preferred.
- Strong understanding of how to write effective marketing copy for the web.
- Extreme attention to detail with respect to writing accuracy, grammatical correctness, etc. and no tolerance for errors
- Ability to adapt to different writing styles informed by industry and client-specific strategy
- Familiarity with search engine optimization (SEO) and marketing best practices is a plus
- Exemplary organization and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
About Blue Corona
Founded in 2008, Blue Corona is a full-service digital marketing agency helping residential and commercial service companies increase their leads and sales, optimize their marketing costs, and differentiate their brands online. Blue Corona was recently named one of the Charlotte Business Journal’s Best Places to Work (large companies), is a member of the prestigious Inc. 5000 Hall of Fame, and is a Google Premier Partner.
View another job
Leap Remote • Freelance about 2 months ago
Geometry Global Chicago, IL 60654 • Freelance 3 days ago
Oozle Media Sandy, UT 84070, USA • Full-time Social Media, Content Creation, Creativity, Copy Editing 4 months ago