Nights/Weekends Writer and Editor -- Disney-Related Content
Are you an experienced, ambitious writer and editor with a passion for all things Disney? Does your dream job include thinking about Theme Parks 24/7?
We are a small, dynamic new media company that does things a little differently. We look for team members who thrive on setting their own strategies, but who can collaborate with a team to achieve success.
Here's How To Get This Job:
- The ideal candidate should be available 4+ hours evenings during the week (6-10PM ET) and 8+ hours each day on weekends (beginning at 8AM ET).
- Candidate must have a comprehensive and consistently up-to-date knowledge of Disney Theme Parks and a
- passionate dedication to integrity-driven journalism and correct grammar that (let's be honest) nearly borders on the obsessive.
- Please demonstrate in your cover letter your comprehensive knowledge of the Walt Disney Company and the Disney theme parks as well as
- your fun and engaging writing style.
This candidate will be responsible for a variety of projects that will require strong writing, editing, and attention-to-detail. In our business, stories can pop up at any time and we have to be ready to react on a moment’s notice, so having a somewhat flexible schedule is ideal.
We're learning something new every day, and we're looking for candidates who enjoy the type of work that includes problem-solving and encountering brand new concepts and situations daily. In the ever-evolving environment of online content, the rules change quickly; the successful candidate will not only keep up, but will be a trendsetter.
We're growing fast and offer tremendous possibilities for those who are able to capitalize on the opportunity.
The position requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail, grammatical prowess, and editorial ability. Tasks will include:
Creating, editing, and publishing Disney-related online content, which could include quick news writing, high-level editorial thought pieces, viral marketing writing, guidebook writing, video script-writing, and more
Providing any other support to ensure content meets Cambrick Yard's high standards of professionalism, factual consistency, authenticity, and reliability
Experience and Skills
- Strong attention to detail and project follow-through
- Journalism background
- Dedication to perfect grammar and word choice
- Engaging writing style
- Ability to work well with team members and co-workers
- Thorough and expansive knowledge of Walt Disney World and Disneyland
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with the Wordpress platform
- Excellent, entertaining writing ability. Funny/Humorous writing is a plus
- Experience with the Open Office platform is a plus
Candidate can be located anywhere as this is a work-from-home, 1099 Contractor position.