Squarespace Customer Operations empowers users via scalable self-help tools, personalized support, and customer advocacy. Customer Operations runs 24/7 with over 300 people based in New York, Dublin, and Portland. The Internal Content team leads knowledge management and documentation for the department. At the forefront of every product, policy, and workflow change, we ensure Support Advisors and Associates are equipped with organized and trusted information they need to provide the best customer support.
As a Technical Writer, you'll create internal documentation, macros (canned support responses), newsletters, and other resources for Customer Support. You'll focus on specific areas of our internal procedures and the Squarespace platform. You'll work closely with your teammates, ensuring your content is accurate, aligned with Squarespace style, and meeting our audience's needs. This is a great opportunity for a writer or content strategist with a background in support in a technology company.
You will report to the Senior Team Lead, Internal Content and can be based in our New York, Portland, Dublin offices or remote.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Write and continually refine documentation covering specific areas of our internal operations, tools, the Squarespace platform
- Write macros (canned responses for support emails)
- Contribute to internal Customer Support email newsletters and blogs
- Work with KB Technical Writers, Quality, Training, Product Operations, Customer Support, and other team members across the company to identify and close gaps in resources
- Increase your product knowledge and stay updated with platform and policy changes
- Give feedback to teammates through rotating peer reviews
- Help evolve the voice and knowledge management practices within Customer Operations
- 2+ years of experience in technical writing, content strategy, knowledge management, internal communications, L&D, or a related position in a technical customer support environment
- Experience building content strategy for specific operating procedures and product areas
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to build relationships with team members in multiple geographies and teams
- Comfortable with checking your ego at the door - open to feedback from multiple partners to make a guide perfect
- Experience in a client-facing or customer service role
- Desire to simplify and iterate
- Experience with documentation CMS, project management, and bug-tracking software
- Comfortable working in basic HTML
HOW TO APPLY
- Attach a writing sample that demonstrates your ability to create internal support documentation. Examples could include articles, guides, or internal announcements.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.