Freelance Content Writer (Remote)
Wayfair's Specialty Retail Brands are currently seeking a freelance content writer to contribute to the SEO content team. In this role, you will write optimized, educational guides and inspirational articles on a variety of topics. With so many types of products to choose from, our guides aim to provide readers the information they need to feel comfortable purchasing online instead of in a brick and mortar store. Whether it is providing information on how to choose modern patio furniture, designing a home office, or what's the best sofa material, our content writers must be able to provide easy-to-understand, well-researched, and actionable advice to readers.
The ideal candidate will have an affinity for writing, researching, critical thinking, organization, and time management. This role requires regular interaction with a peer copy editor and cross-functional brand teams. SEO writing knowledge or experience is recommended.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on how to buy types of products, the best materials, or provide style and design advice
- Research competitor articles, product information, and design advice
- Understand the intent of a keyword
- Write content according to Speciality Retail Brands' standards, tone, and style
- Work in our project management tool
- Write ~8-10 pieces of long-form content (~800-1000 words each) per month
- Work with our peer editor to make changes and elevate content
- Format and publish content in home grown CMS
Skills & Experience
- 0-1 year of experience writing content in a fast-paced environment
- SEO knowledge or experience
- Ability to research topics you may not have experience with
- Ability to handle numerous content pieces at once
- Ability to hit deadlines
- Must be able to work ~40 hours per week. This will be a 9 month contract with the ability to extend.
- Please submit 2 writing samples.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.