Sr Specialist - Content Writer
Ally and Your Career
Ally Financial only succeeds when its people do - and that's more than some cliché people put on job postings. We live this stuff! We see our people as, well, people - with interests, families, friends, dreams and causes that are all important to them. Our focus is on the health and safety of our teammates as well as work-life balance and diversity and inclusion. From generous benefits to a variety of employee resource groups, we strive to build paths that encourage employees to stretch themselves professionally. We want to help you grow, develop, and learn new things. You're constantly evolving, so shouldn't your opportunities be, too?
The Sr. Content Writer will be responsible for crafting engaging, audience-centric content that aligns to the overall editorial positioning strategy. This position will work closely with editors, leaders, experts and the analytics team to produce data-driven, consumer-friendly content. The ideal person will be able to write about a wide range of financial topics - including personal finance, mortgage and auto - in a clear and concise manner.
The Work Itself
- Complete assigned writing projects within required deadlines.
- Support leaders, executives and others in crafting unique point-of-view articles.
- Follow brand guidelines and deliver copy in brand style and tone.
- Conduct research and fact check topics.
- Participate in weekly, monthly and quarterly brainstorming sessions.
- Partner with designer and internal studio to transform articles into infographics, animations and videos.
- Review and interpret data to incorporate into writing.
- Develop sources and interview subject-matter professionals, leaders and consumers.
- Update and optimize older articles with fresh information or new research.
- Collaborate with writing scripts for videos and podcasts.
- Stay up to date on the latest trends in consumer finance, home, invest, auto and lending.
The Skills You Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Business, Communications, PR or Marketing.
- Portfolio of at least three writing samples demonstrating quality of work.
- Understanding of AP style and basic SEO best practices.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues inside and outside the organization.
- Able to work and deliver results in a self-directed environment
- Ability to work and make decisions independently.
- Track record of managing multiple assignments at once.
- Strong attention to detail.
- 3+ years of professional experience in a newsroom or content environment.
- Experience with or knowledge of financial services business required.
How We'll Have Your Back
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. But Ally's total compensation - or total rewards - extends beyond your paycheck and is designed to support and enrich your personal and professional life, including:
- Time Away: competitive holiday and flexible paid-time-off, including time off for volunteering and voting.
- Planning for the Future: plan for the near and long term with an industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions, student loan and 529 educational assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, and other financial well-being programs.
- Supporting your Health & Well-being: flexible health and insurance options including dental and vision, pre-tax Health Savings Account with employer contributions and a total well-being program that helps you and your family stay on track physically, socially, emotionally and financially.
- Building a Family: adoption, surrogacy, and fertility support as well as parental and caregiver leave, back-up child and adult/elder day care program and child care discounts.
- Work-Life Integration: other benefits including LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs.
Who We Are
Ally Financial is a customer-centric, leading digital financial services company with passionate customer service and innovative financial solutions. We are relentlessly focused on "Doing it Right" and being a trusted financial-services provider to our consumer, commercial, and corporate customers.