Coordinator, Program Communications - Siteman Cancer Center
Coordinator, Program Communications - Siteman Cancer Center - 47351
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is for the Siteman Cancer Center. The position is located at the Center for Outpatient Health.
This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position coordinates key communications functions for the Siteman Cancer Center as part of the Marketing, Communications and Physician Services team. This position must thrive in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision and quickly comprehend and act on changing priorities when necessary. This position must demonstrate superior stakeholder communication, interpersonal communication, and written communication skills.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Marketing Publications
- Serves as writer and editor for marketing and communications vehicles, both on- and offline, including for the Siteman Cancer Network, an affiliation of regional medical centers led by Siteman Cancer Center and committed to improving the health and well-being of people and communities through research, treatment and prevention.
- Manages key departmental communications.
- Develops and updates brochures, media kit, key messages, and fact sheets as needed.
- Events and Related Activity Support
- Supports event and program planning, program development, and communications for events.
- Serves as writer, editor, and reporter, collecting news through external and internal sources.
- Interviews internal departments to obtain editorial material on programmatic and operational news.
- Works with University Communication Networks to release and ensure proper communication of departmental efforts; tracks and promotes key efforts.
- General Responsibilities
- Writes, produces, and edits marketing communications materials for internal departments as requested.
- Maintains style, artwork and brand guidelines.
- Media Relations
- Serves as a media liaison for Siteman and is responsible for identifying and building relationships with editors, writers, producers, reporters, bloggers, etc. to increase media exposure. Develops and maintains appropriate target news media lists.
High school diploma or equivalent high school certification and some related college course work completed as well as two years of related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Superior writing and oral communication skills.
- Strong editing skills.
- Basic Microsoft Office computer skills.
- Basic design/layout experience (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Publisher).
- Basic HTML and CSS knowledge.
- Some project management experience.
- Special abilities highly preferred:Attention to detail and strong project management skills
- Ability to follow through on tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong customer service approach
- Ability to operate effectively in a professional office environment.
- Customer Service - demonstrates the ability to respond with a high degree of urgency to the needs and requests of others, internally and externally; understands the impact of their work on others.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and positive attitude.
- Superior communication skills with both internal and external contacts.
- Understands safety policies and actively promotes safe practices in the workplace.
- Maintains constructive relationships and demonstrates respect for everyone contacted.
- Deals constructively with conflict and focuses on the situation, issue, or behavior and not on the person by diffusing situations before conflicts arise, resolving conflicts directly, and actively promoting and gaining cooperation from others.
- Willingness and ability to adjust to changing conditions or priorities.
- Takes the initiative to identify and act on problems and lead by example; consistently makes decisions that resolve problems.
The hiring range for this position is $21.18 - $26.99 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.