Georgia has a charming nature and a rich history. - 5 minutes read
Georgia is located in the South Caucasus region in western Asia and was until 1991 among the countries of the Soviet Union. Its biggest cities are Tbilisi, which is the administrative capital of the state, as well as Kutaisi and Batumi on the Black Sea. It is neighbored to the north by Russia, to the south by Turkey, Armenia, to the east by Azerbaijan, and to the west by the Black Sea. The official language in the country is the Georgian language, and some of its residents speak Russian because of its presence for a long time within the countries of the Soviet Union. also, has many local languages that are not widely used, such as Mongolian, Armenian, Azeri, and others.
Georgia is considered one of the economically developing countries and it has suffered from many crises, but it has overcome most of its crises and started to proceed with comprehensive development plans. Its currency is the lari and is equivalent to approximately (0.40 of the US dollar). Georgia is characterized by beautiful nature and beautiful weather in most seasons of the year. The most important monuments are churches and Christian monasteries of a pioneering Georgian character, and ancient castles.
The Georgian government started paying attention to the tourism sector as a good source of the economy since the beginning of this century, and the number of tourists began to increase with the facilities provided by the Georgian government, such as canceling entry visas for most nationalities and other laws that encouraged investment in the tourism sector and the influx of tourists.
One of the largest and most beautiful Georgian cities, located on the banks of the Kura River, surrounded by mountains which gives it more splendor and beauty, you can plan your trip to Tbilisi to spend great times alone or with the family, you can start your day with a delicious breakfast in one of the fine restaurants on the famous Rustaveli Street, which is one of the largest and most beautiful streets in Tbilisi. The oldest, most active, and beautiful street in the city and contains many high-end restaurants, shops, and tourist attractions such as the National Museum, the Opera House, and the State Theater of Ballet Art, and you can finish your visit to Rustaveli Street in Freedom Square and take some beautiful souvenir photos there. If you are a fan of the night, you should head to Tbilisi Casino for entertainment and spend a good time there, or visit Shardeni Street, which is full of bars and places to stay and enjoy music and Georgian singing art.
The most important tourist attractions in Tbilisi and its surroundings that we advise you to visit are:
- Cross the Peace Bridge over the Kura River, continue for a little walk in Rike Park, and then take a short ride on the cable car and see the sights of Tbilisi from the top.
- Visiting the memorial Kartlis Deda, mother of the Georgians, which has become a symbol of the city.
- Visit the ancient Narikala Fortress.
- Visit the old sulfur baths and enjoy a healthy bath with excellent services.
- Visit Tsminda Sameba Cathedral, which includes many historical Christian icons and monuments, and is a symbol of the revival of the Christian religion after the collapse of the Soviet Union and Georgia's independence.
- Svetitskhoveli Cathedral is in the city of Mtskheta, about 30 km from Tbilisi. This cathedral was built in the fourth century AD and has been subjected to numerous attacks throughout history, but it has been restored and included in the World Heritage Site in the United Nations list.
- Visit the Vardzia Monastery, which the Georgians call the Cave City.
In fact, there are many tourist areas in Georgia, whether religious or historical tourism and archeology, as well as nature tourism and relaxation on the shores of the Black Sea in the wonderful city of Batumi.
We invite you to a journey through the cultural and civilizational history in the arms of the picturesque Georgian nature. Do not hesitate to book the ticket and accommodation, arrange your bag, give your body and soul some pleasure, comfort, and recreation, and go to visit the landmarks of this beautiful country, in which the fragrance of the ancient past blends with the smell of the bright present.
We have put for you in the text all links to websites that help you get the best offers and will help you to put a good plan for your trip, give you more comfort and security to enjoy your trip.
Make sure that you will have a wonderful opportunity full of fun and relaxation that you will never forget.
Photos for the Best Places
- Kashueti St.
- Rustavelli Street
- Bridge of Peace
- Mother of Georgia
- Narikala Fortress
- Holy Trinity Cathedral
- Vardzia Monastery
- Svetitskhoveli Cathedral is
For more Help