Why are so many KLM Flights Cancelled? - 3 minutes read
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines is a Netherlands-based airline. They operate flight services at international and domestic destinations across the world. The traveler booked a flight 2 months ago so that there would be no hurry in the end. But before 15 days of flight departure, the virus spread in the city, and the government declared a curfew for 20 days. The airlines are wondering Why are so many KLM Flights Cancelled? The reason for cancellation is evident as it is due to government rules and the spread of the virus.
Reasons to cancel KLM flights
There can be unlimited reasons when there is a cancellation of the flight. Cancellation can be preceded either by the passenger or the airline. The reasons are given here below:
- Staff Shortage: There might be chances when the airline needs more staff to manage the customer. Due to staff shortages, airlines have to cancel the flight bookings of passengers.
- Staff Strike: The staff of the airlines may go on strike, so the airlines may be able to manage the flight service, and at last, they have to cancel the passengers' flight.
- Technical Reasons: The airline cancels the booked flight of the passenger when there is some technical issue with the flight. Due to this, the airline cannot fly at the scheduled time.
- Natural calamity: The airline's cancellation may be the cause of a natural disaster (such as an earthquake, landscape, storms, etc.). The airlines will not operate the flight services in unfavorable weather conditions. The airlines will not refund if the cancellation is due to a natural disaster.
- Pandemic: There might be the spread of a virus or disease in the world, nation, or city, due to which the airline is forced to cancel the booked flight of the passenger. The airlines will refund the fare charges within a short period.
- Changes in the planned trip: When the passenger booked the flight ticket two months ago from the time of departure. But later leaves were not approved in the office of the respective passenger, due to which the traveler will cancel the flight.
- Medical Issue: There might arise an urgent medical emergency with the passenger or with the passenger's family due to the cancellation of a scheduled flight (Medical reasons include surgery, death of the passenger, any specified disease, etc.).
Steps to check Flight Status
Passengers can check the status of their flight by below mentioned instructions:
- Firstly, visit the official website of KLM Airlines.
- From the Home tab, click on the option of "Flight Status."
- Enter the booking reference code and last name of the passenger.
- Your flight details will appear on the screen.
- An edit option for change or cancellation of a flight will also be available on the screen.
- You can also search for the status of your booked flight by entering the flight number in the search column.
- Travelers can also check the flight status from the mobile app available on the phone.
If the passenger wants to communicate with the airline's customer service team, they can use KLM Contact Number 1 (800) 618-0104/ 18023025016 to get in touch. For more information, travelers are advised to visit the airport of KLM airlines.