Studying in Canada After 12th for Science, Commerce, & Arts - 8 minutes read
Deciding on the best educational path after high school is an important choice that lays the groundwork for a prosperous future. While numerous options are available, study abroad has become increasingly popular among students seeking global exposure and high-quality education. Canada is widely recognized as a top choice among international students. Renowned for its excellent education system, diverse culture, and ample career opportunities, Canada offers a promising future to aspiring students. This blog will explore the various aspects of studying in Canada after the 12th, focusing on Science, Commerce, and Arts streams.
Why Studying in Canada After the 12th?
Many students worldwide choose to study in Canada each year since it is typically regarded as the best location. There are several compelling reasons why studying in Canada after the 12th is a wise choice.
- Canadian universities have established their global reputation for academic excellence.
- Canada offers a welcoming and multicultural environment for international students.
- The country's reputation for safety, affordability, and quality of life further adds to its appeal.
- Canada provides excellent future academic and career prospects.
Canadian Education Framework
Before delving into the specific streams, it is essential to understand the Canadian education framework. Canada's education system is highly regarded globally, known for its top-class infrastructure, experienced faculty, and comprehensive curriculum. Canadian universities offer a wide range of programs at the diploma, bachelor's, and master's levels, catering to diverse academic interests.
Best Cities for International Students in Canada
When it comes to studying in Canada, choosing the right city is crucial. The country boasts several cities that provide the perfect environment for studying and living. If you are confused which city to choose, you can take guidance from study abroad consultants as per your profile. So, let's take a look at some of the best cities for international students in Canada:
- Montreal: Known for its vibrant culture and rich history, Montreal offers a blend of European charm and North American convenience. The city has several prestigious universities and a thriving arts and cultural scene.
- Vancouver: Surrounded by breathtaking natural beauty, Vancouver is a popular choice for students seeking a balance between urban life and outdoor adventures. The city is renowned for its high-ranking research techniques and offers excellent career opportunities.
- Toronto: As Canada's largest city, Toronto offers a diverse and multicultural environment. The city is known for its world-class educational institutions, bustling city life, and abundant job opportunities.
- Ottawa: As the capital city of Canada, Ottawa provides a unique blend of history, culture, and education. The city is known for its top-ranked universities and offers international students a safe and welcoming environment.
- Quebec City: With its charming French-speaking atmosphere, Quebec City offers a unique cultural experience. The city is home to several renowned universities and provides students with a high quality of life.
Minimum Percentage Required for Canada after 12th
Before exploring the various courses available in Canada, it is important to understand the minimum eligibility criteria required for admission. While the specific requirements may vary from one university to another, the general minimum percentage required for courses in Canada after 12th is 70%. For courses after 12th Commerce, a higher percentage of 75% in Maths may be required. In addition to academic performance, admissions criteria may also consider standardized test scores such as SAT or ACT, admissions essays, statement of purpose, and letters of recommendation.
Studying in Canada After 12th : Science
For students interested in pursuing a career in the field of Science, Canada offers a plethora of opportunities. Canadian universities are well-known for their research-focused programs and advanced facilities, offering students a strong grounding in scientific principles and hands-on abilities. Whether you aspire to become a biologist, chemist, physicist, or engineer, studying Science in Canada can open doors to exciting career prospects.
Studying Commerce in Canada After 12th
If you have a keen interest in business, finance, or economics, pursuing Commerce courses in Canada after the 12th can be an excellent choice. Canadian universities provide a diverse selection of programs in these areas, preparing students with the necessary knowledge and skills to succeed in the corporate realm. Whether you dream of becoming an entrepreneur, investment banker, accountant, or marketing professional, studying Commerce in Canada can provide the necessary foundation for a successful career.
Pursuing Arts and Humanities in Canada after 12th
For students passionate about literature, history, languages, sociology, and other arts and humanities subjects, Canada offers a rich and diverse range of programs. Canadian universities excel in arts and humanities education, fostering critical thinking, creativity, and cultural understanding. Whether you aspire to be a writer, historian, linguist, or social scientist, studying Arts and Humanities in Canada can open up a world of opportunities.
Diploma Courses in Canada for International Students after 12th
Diploma courses have gained popularity in recent years due to their focus on practical skills and knowledge. If you are interested in pursuing a diploma course in Canada after 12th, here are some of the top options:
- Diploma in Business Administration
- Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Diploma in Computer Science
- Diploma in Graphic Design
- Diploma in Culinary Arts
Courses in Canada After 12th Non-Medical
The Non-medical stream, which includes subjects like Physics, Maths, and Chemistry, opens up a wide range of options for students. Here are some popular courses in Canada after 12th Non-medical:
- Bachelor of Engineering (BEng)
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Mathematics
- Bachelor of Architecture (BArch)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (BCompSc)
- Bachelor of Economics
Courses in Canada After 12th Medical
The field of Medical Science offers a wide range of opportunities for students who have studied BiPC subjects in class 12th. Here are some top courses in Canada after 12th in the Medical field:
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (BPharm)
- Bachelor of Nursing (BN)
- Bachelor of Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
Courses in Canada After 12th Commerce
Canada offers a wide range of courses in the Commerce stream, attracting students from around the world due to the numerous career opportunities and international exposure. Here are some popular courses in Canada after 12th Commerce:
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Statistics
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA).
Courses in Canada After 12th Commerce without Maths
If you have pursued Commerce without Maths in class 12th, there are still ample opportunities for you to pursue higher education in Canada. Here are some courses in Canada after 12th Commerce without Maths:
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Marketing
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Supply Chain Management
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) LLB
- Bachelor of Hotel Management
Courses in Canada After 12th Arts and Humanities
Canada offers globally recognized degree courses, top-notch faculties, and excellent industrial training opportunities for students in the Humanities/Arts stream. Here are some trending courses in Canada after 12th that you can pursue after studying Humanities:
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Bachelor of Journalism
- Bachelor of International Relations
- Bachelor of Tourism and Hospitality Management
Vocational Courses in Canada for International Students after 12th
If you are interested in pursuing vocational courses after 12th, Canada offers many options. Here are some top vocational courses in Canada for international students after 12th:
- Industrial Electrician
- Veterinary Medicine
- Computer Programming
Top Management Courses in Canada
Business and management courses are highly sought after in Canada. Here is a list of popular management courses offered in Canada after the 12th grade:
- BBA (HR Management)
- BBA (Supply Chain Management)
- BBA (Finance)
- BBA (Accounting)
- BBA (Marketing)
- BBA (Retail Management)
Aviation courses in Canada after completing 12th
If you have a passion for aviation, Canada offers excellent courses for students after completing the 12th grade. Some of the courses available in this field include:
- BSc in Aviation
- BTech/BE in Aeronautical Engineering
- Commercial Pilot License or CPL
- BSc in AME (Aircraft Maintenance Engineering)
- BTech in Aerospace Engineering
- BSc in Aeronautics
- BTech in Aerospace Engineering with Avionics specialization
Nursing Courses in Canada after 12th
If you aspire to pursue a career in nursing, Canada offers excellent nursing courses for students after the 12th grade. Some of the courses available in this field include:
- Auxiliary Nursing and Midwifery (ANM)
- General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM)
- Post Basic B. Sc in Nursing
- B. Sc in Nursing
Hotel Management Courses after 12th in Canada
Canada is also known for its renowned hotel management courses. Here are some of the top hotel management courses available in Canada after the 12th grade:
- BSc in Hotel Management
- BHM (Bachelor of Hotel Management)
- BBA in Hotel Management
- BSc in Culinary Arts
- BSc in Hotel and Catering Management
- BSc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration
- BSc Hotel Management, Catering, and Tourism
- BHMCT (Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology)
- BSc Resort & Event Management
- BSc (Hons) in International Hospitality Management
Scholarships and Financial Aid for International Students
Financing education to study abroad can be a concern for many students. However, Canada offers a range of scholarships and financial aid options to support international students. Various Canadian universities, government organizations, and external agencies provide scholarships based on academic merit, financial need, and specific criteria. Students are encouraged to research and apply for scholarships well in advance to increase their chances of receiving financial assistance.
Studying in Canada after the 12th offers numerous advantages for stream Science, Commerce, and Arts students. With its esteemed universities, diverse programs, and welcoming environment, Canada provides a solid foundation for a successful career. Whether you choose to pursue Science, Commerce, or Arts and Humanities, Canadian universities offer top-notch education, experiential learning opportunities, and a multicultural experience. Additionally, scholarships and financial aid options make education in Canada more accessible for international students. So, to embark on an exciting educational journey, consider studying in Canada after the 12th and unlock a world of opportunities.